- Sprinkle salt and pepper onto stew meat and toss to coat.
- Slice the onion into thin slices.
- Heat the coconut oil in a dutch oven.
- Add the beef to the pot and brown. Continue to stir until all the beef is browned. Remove from the pot.
- Brew your coffee. (I do not drink coffee and do not own a coffee maker. I used instant coffee and the results tasted fine to me.)
- Place the onions, mushrooms and garlic into pot and saute.
- Add the wine, coffee, and beef broth to the pot. Stir well mixing together with the vegetables.
- Add in the beef and bring to a boil.
- Turn the stove down to low and cover the pot. Cook on low for 3 hours.( You could throw it all in a crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours if you have something to do for the day.)