- Preheat the oven (or ideally broiler if you have it) to 200 °C/ 400 °F.
- Peel and slice the onion. Place on a hot pan greased with ghee and cook until lightly browned.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add finely chopped basil and whisk well.
- When the onion is browned, pour in the eggs and cook until you see the edges turning opaque.
- Top with the crumbled cheese and halved cherry tomatoes. Place under the broiler and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the top is cooked.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool down. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 5 days.