- Remove casings from sausages and rough chop. Chop onion and shred cabbage if not using pre-shredded cabbage.
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet and add onion and cabbage. Cook over medium-high heat until the vegetables begin to become tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add sausage, stirring to mix it into the cabbage and onions. Cook 8 minutes more.
- Add the cheese on top and cover the skillet.
- Turn off the heat and wait 5 minutes while the cheese melts into the cabbage and vegetables. Remove the lid from the skillet and stir.
- Top with cilantro and serve immediately right from the skillet.