- Press the tofu. Wrap tofu in paper towel and place on a flat plate. Place a pan/skillet on top of the wrapped tofu in order to apply pressure and force out the moisture.
- Dice the tofu into 1 inch cubes and slice the almonds.
- Melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a skillet over high heat. When the oil is up to temperature add the tofu cubes. Allow the tofu to cook on each side for 2 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Add the almonds to the pan when the tofu is nearly completely crispy. Allow the almonds to cook on high for 1-2 minutes with the tofu.
- Add all of the spices, along with 3/4 of the sesame seeds.(save 1/4 for plating)
- Add 2 tbsp of water along with the soy sauce. (If you add the soy sauce on it's own it may burn in the hot pan)
- Allow the spice blend and soy sauce to reduce all the way down until no liquid remains. You should be left with tofu/almonds that are coated with the spice blend.
- Optional: 30 seconds before removing from the stove add in your favorite hot sauce.
- Serve over steamed broccoli. Top with the remaining sesame seeds and additional chopped almonds if desired. Drizzle with 1 tsp of Sesame Oil.