- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease and flour (coconut flour) a donut pan. If you don't have a donut pan, draw 3 1/2 inch circles on a parchment lined pan.
- Whisk the flours, xanthan gum and psyllium powder together. Set aside.
- Heat the water, sweetener, salt and butter over medium heat until it begins to simmer. Lower the heat and stir in the flour mixture. Continue stirring until the flour pulls away from the pan. A ball will form after about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the pan and place in a bowl. Let cool about 5 minutes. Dough should be warm but not hot.
- Lightly beat the eggs then add a little at a time to the batter using an electric mixer. Mix in the vanilla and baking powder until fully incorporated.
- Let dough rest until it comes to room temperature.
- Spoon room temperature dough into a pastry bag or plastic bag. Cut the bottom of bag 2 cm. Pipe into the donut pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 5-7 minutes more. Donuts should be golden brown. Let rest in pan for 10 minutes before removing.
- Add topping of your choice. Chocolate glaze or cinnamon sugar(sugar free of course). These are best served warm. They can be stored in an airtight container for a couple days.