- Cook bacon in a pot over medium heat. Chop cauliflower as bacon is cooking.
- Remove bacon and set aside, leaving grease in the pot. Add fat works, garlic, cauliflower and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes or until cauliflower is al dente.
- Add liquids (except cream) and spices. Season again with salt and pepper. Use an immersion blender to mix well.
- Bring liquid to a boil, then turn the stove to low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Turn the stove off. Add cheese and cream, then immersion blend again. Stir in bacon before serving.