- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and mushrooms in the oil until they are wilted.
- Push them to the side to make room for the pork chops.
- Add the pork chops to the pan, seasoning each chop with garlic powder and nutmeg as you brown each side.
- If you wish to continue cooking on the stove top, simply continue to cook until the chops are cooked through.
- If you have other things to prepare, simply place the entire pan in the oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until the chops are cooked through.
- Once the chops are cooked, (return the pan to the stove top if they were in the oven), remove the chops from the pan and allow the onions and oil to cool.
- Stir in the mayo and vinegar and whisk until it is well combined with the oil left in the pan. You should have a thick, rich sauce when you are done. If it is too thick for your liking, you can thin it out with a bit of chicken broth. Simply whisk in about 2 tbsp. at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- Ladle the sauce over the chops and serve.