- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Put a pan on the stove over medium heat, then add the breakfast sausage. Break up while it's cooking.
- In a separate bowl, measure out all dry ingredients (including cheese), then add the wet ingredients. Add 4 tbsp. syrup and mix together well.
- Once the sausage is browned and somewhat crispy, add everything (including excess fat) into the mixture and mix again.
- Line a 9x9 casserole dish with parchment paper and then pour the casserole mixture into the dish. Use 2 tbsp. syrup drizzled over the top for extra maple flavor.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45-55 minutes. Once done, remove from the oven and let cool. Remove the casserole by holding on to the edges of the parchment paper and lifting out.