- Add the first four ingredients to a small pot and stir together. Cook over medium heat stirring until it begins to boil. Turn down to low and whisk as the porridge begins to thicken.
- Remove the porridge form the heat.
- Beat the egg and then add half to the porridge whisking continuously. Add the rest of the beaten egg while whisking. Return to the heat and continue whisking while the porridge continues to thicken.
- Remove thickened porridge from heat and stir in heavy cream and butter.
- Sweeten to taste with preferred sweetener. Add any additional toppings you may like.(I like the addition of a little cinnamon.)