- Melt butter over medium heat in a large pot. Add garlic and onions and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add broth and broccoli to pot and cook until florets are tender. Add salt and pepper.( I also add some red pepper flakes to give it a little kick.)
- Add room temperature cream cheese and heavy cream to the pot. Stir continuously until incorporated. Bring the soup to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add the cheddar cheese stirring vigorously.
- Stir in the xanthan gum and allow to thicken.
- Ladle into bowls and add crumbled bacon to the top.