- Chop your celery and red onions up to your size preference.
- In a pan on high heat, brown your ground beef in 1 Tbsp. butter. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Start boiling some broccoli in a separate pan.
- Once your ground beef starts sizzling, add half of your red onion.
- Continue cooking your ground beef and mix the onion in so they can also caramelize.
- In your slow cooker, put your celery, the rest of your onions, green chile, and 1 can of diced tomatoes with jalapeno.
- Add all of your spices to the mixture and leave it alone.
- Your ground beef should be ready at this point. Turn off the heat.
- Look at that, the broccoli is ready too. You don't want it to be tender, you still want it to have a nice crisp crunch to it.
- Drain your broccoli and add it to the slow cooker.
- Add your ground beef along with all of the fat to the slow cooker.
- Mix it well, turn your slow cooker to high heat and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add the rest of your tomatoes and jalapenos, and add 1 cup of beef broth.
- Cover and cook for an additional 3 hours.