- 1 lbs Ground Beef
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup Beef Broth
- To Taste Salt and Pepper
- [Taco Shells] 9 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- [Topping] 2 cup Shredded Lettuce
- [Topping] 1/2 cup Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- [Topping] 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- [Topping] 1/2 cup Salsa
- [Topping] 1 medium chopped Avocado
- Taco Shells: These can be made individually in the microwave. Line a plate with parchment paper. Use 1/3 of a cup of cheese for each shell. This will make 6 shells. Spread the cheese out to make a circle. Microwave for about 2 minutes. Little holes will appear in the shell. Remove from microwave and let cool about 30 seconds. To shape place on a wooden spoon suspended between 2 glasses.
- Note on Taco Shells: Using 2 baking sheets the shells can be made in the oven. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and draw three 6 inch circles on each. Spread the cheese out on the circles and place in the oven at 375 degrees. After 5 minutes switch the top pan with the bottom pan. Bake 5- 10 minutes more until holes appear on the surface. Let cool slightly and then place over wooden spoons like in the microwave method.
- Crumble the ground beef into a skillet and break apart until it is in small pieces.
- Add the taco seasoning to the beef and cook a few minutes. Next stir in the tomato paste. Lastly stir in the beef broth and let simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the beef between the 6 taco shell and top with the toppings.