- Toast almond flour in a dry pan or skillet over medium heat. Cook for 3-6 minutes until golden. Remove toasted flour from pan and add the salt and xantham gum. Whisk together and set aside until completely cooled.
- In large bowl cream the butter. Add the sweetener to the butter and continue to mix until mixed thoroughly. Add in the vanilla and mix together.
- Add half the toasted flour and mix on low. Next add the rest of the flour and continue to mix just until incorporated .
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough on parchment paper. Use a glass or shaped cookie cutters to make cookie. Place on the lined cookie sheet. Cover withe parchment paper and place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, until lightly golden. Larger cookies may take longer.
- Let cool on the pan. Melt the chocolate and use it to dip the cookies in when they are cool. Sprinkle with sea salt if desired. Store cookies in an airtight container