- Spray an 8X8 dish with cooking spray.
- Steam the cauliflower until fork tender.
- Cook the ground beef in a large skillet. Make sure to break apart the ground beef and cook until completely browned. Add the salt and pepper. Drain most of the grease from the beef.(It is okay to leave a little.)
- Add the onions and garlic to the beef and cook until the onions are tender. Stir occasionally.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer while continuing to stir. Once the mixture has begun to simmer, add the steamed cauliflower. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- When the cheese is melted, spoon into the prepared dish. Add the remaining cheese to the top of the casserole.
- Place in the oven under the broiler and broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly.( If you prefer you can place in a 425 degree oven and bake until cheese is melted.)