- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Combine the coconut flour, flax seed meal, and seasoning together in a small bowl. In a larger mixing bowl, melt the Monterey jack cheese in a microwave for about a minute or until the shreds are fully melted together.
- Let the melted cheese stand for about a minute then add the whole egg. Combine the egg and cheese together.
- Add the dry mix to the cheese and mix together until the cheese takes up all of the flours.
- Spread out a piece of parchment paper then turn the cheese dough out on top of it. Place another sheet of paper on top then use a rolling pin to spread out. You want it to be longer on one side, and wide enough for the fillings and the braid on the other.
- Lay out the salami and cheese.
- Tear up the spinach leaves then set those on top. Spread out the mild pepper rings, then drizzle the teaspoon of olive oil on top.
- Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut the sides of the dough into diagonal strips.
- Fold up the ends of the dough, then braid the strips over the top.
- Whisk up an egg yolk then brush it across the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the braid is golden brown.
- Slice into 4 pieces and enjoy.