- Combine the mozzarella cheese and butter in a medium bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir, then microwave another minute.
- Stir until fully combined and cool for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the egg and egg yolk until combined.
- Add the almond flour and stir with a large spoon until combined.
- Turn out dough onto a smooth surface (or parchment paper) and knead until a semi-stretchy dough is formed. (if the dough is too wet, add a tablespoon or more of almond flour until workable)
- Form the dough into a long roll about 1 inch in diameter and then cut pieces about 1/2″ wide. You can then form them into almost any bite-sized shape you want, but sticking with a simple disk as shown in the photos yielded the best results for me.
- Freeze the gnocchi for 10 minutes to firm them up.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a gentle boil – too vigorous and the gnocchi will fall apart.
- Add the gnocchi to the water in small batches and boil for 1 – 2 minutes or until floating.
- Remove the gnocchi with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel lined plate, and cool for 5 minutes before adding to sauce.