- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray.
- Heat a skillet to medium high and crumble the ground sausage into the skillet. Cook until the sausage is completely done. Drain the grease and spread the cooked sausage over the bottom of the pan.
- Whisk the rest of the ingredients, except for the pine nuts and basil in a large bowl. Pour over the sausage.
- Bake about 30-35 minutes until the eggs are set.
- Chop up the pine nuts. Garnish the casserole with the pine nuts and fresh basil.