- Put can of coconut milk in the freezer for later use.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil in a dutch oven.
- Brown the stew meat on all sides in the dutch oven. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add the rest of the coconut oil to the dutch oven and heat on medium. Add in the diced onion and cook a few minutes until translucent. Add in the spices, stir well. Cook for a few more minutes, while continuing to stir.
- Add the stew meat back into the pot and stir to incorporate all the spices.
- Remove the coconut milk from the freezer and open. The milk should have hardened and the water separated to the bottom. Spoon out the milk portion of the can into the pot. Do not add the coconut water that is in the bottom. Allow the hardened milk to melt down.