- 3.5 lbs Pork Shoulder, Boneless
- 1 large Onion
- 3 Bay Leaf, whole
- 1/3 cup Low Carb Barbecue Sauce
- [Rubbing Spice] 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- [Rubbing Spice] 1 tbsp Paprika
- [Rubbing Spice] 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- [Rubbing Spice] 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- [Rubbing Spice] 2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- [Rubbing Spice] 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Preheat slow cooker on high. Score the skin of the pork, cutting 1 inch apart in both directions. There will be squares cut into the pork.
- Mix the spices together and rub into the pork. Cut the onion into thick slices.
- Place the onion and bay leaves on to the bottom of the crockpot. Place the pork on top of the onion. Cook on high 5-6 hours or low 8-10 hours.
- When done, cover with barbecue sauce and cook for another hour. ( If you want the pork top crispy, you can cook in a preheated oven at 400 degrees. Just remove from crockpot and cover with barbecue sauce. Place in oven for 30 minutes.)
- Take the meat out and pour the juices into a blender. Pulse the juices along with the onion and bay leaves until smooth.
- Pull the meat apart with a fork. Mix in the juices with the meat. Combine well and enjoy immediately. Can also be kept in fridge for 5 days or frozen for future use.