- Put the pork roast in crockpot and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook on high for 6 hours.
- Trim and quarter carrots. Cut the onion into thick slices. Pan fry both in olive oil until the onion begins to caramelize . Add them to crockpot after the meat has been cooking for 4 hours.
- The meat will cook a total of 6 hours and will be fork tender. It will pull apart easily and the carrots will be delicious.
- While the meat is cooking you can make the sauce. Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until the basil is in small pieces.(This sauce can be used on other things such as eggs, chicken, etc. It can also be kept in refrigerator for a few days.) Nutritional info for sauce Serving Size 1/3 cup Calories 247 Fat 28.1 grams Protein 0.4 grams Carbs 1.4 grams
- After placing the pork, carrots and onions on a serving platter, drizzle with the sauce.