- Wash and dry the pork, then leave it out to come to room temperature for a few hours.
- Preheat oven to 250F and rub salt and spices over the entire pork shoulder.
- Place onto a wire rack sitting over a baking sheet covered in foil. Bake for 8-10 hours (more or less depending on size) or until internal temperature is about 190F.
- Remove meat from oven and cover with foil. Let this rest for 15 minutes. In the mean time, heat oven to 500F.
- Remove foil and roast pork again for 20 minutes total at 500F, rotating every 5 minutes.
- Let pork rest for 15-20 minutes before cutting and serving.