- Cook the bacon in a stock pot. Set aside for later.
- Add the butter to the pot. Place the mushrooms and garlic in the pot and saute until mushrooms are soft.
- Add the wine and cook until reduced by half. (If you prefer no alcohol, water is fine to use.)
- While the liquid is reducing, cook the chicken thighs. Cut into bite size pieces.
- Add the chicken, celery, heavy cream, coconut milk, and broth to the pot. Cook on low stirring constantly until heated throughout. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish finished soup with parsley and bacon.