- [Garnish] Coconut Shreds
- [Garnish] Dark Chocolate
- [Garnish] Coconut Oil
- [Rum Balls] 6 oz Baking Chocolate
- [Rum Balls] 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- [Rum Balls] 1/2 cup Swerve
- [Rum Balls] 1/8 tsp Monk Fruit Extract
- [Rum Balls] 1/2 cup Dark Rum
- [Rum Balls] 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- [Rum Balls] 1/4 tsp Salt
- [Rum Balls] 2 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- [Rum Balls] 1 cup Coconut Shreds
- Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water then add the chopped chocolate and the coconut oil. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the sweetener until well combined, then whisk in the dark rum, vanilla extract, and salt. The mixture will thicken considerably when adding the liquid.
- Add the almond flour and shredded coconut and stir in until the mixture forms a cohesive dough. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls. If you are using shredded coconut to garnish, roll them immediately in shredded coconut.
- To dip in chocolate, place the rum balls on a waxed paper lined tray and freeze for at least one hour. Chop the sugar-free dark chocolate and melt with a little coconut oil to thin it out (for dipping half the rum balls, you would need about 3 ounces chocolate and 1 tbsp coconut oil).
- Drop a frozen rum ball into the melted chocolate and use a fork to roll it around to coat. Lift out and tap the fork firmly against the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Return to the wax paper and sprinkle with a little-shredded coconut. Repeat with remaining rum balls.