- [Fajitas] 3 Bell Peppers
- [Fajitas] 1 sliced Onion
- [Fajitas] 1 sliced Avocado
- [Fajitas] 1 pound Steak (rump, skirt or flank)
- [Marinade] 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- [Marinade] 1/3 cup Lime Juice
- [Marinade] 2 tbsp Cilantro
- [Marinade] 2 clove Garlic
- [Marinade] 3/4 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- [Marinade] 1 tsp Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- [Marinade] 1/2 tsp Cumin
- [Marinade] 1 tsp Salt
- Whisk marinade ingredients together to combine.
- Pour out half of the marinade into a shallow dish to marinade the steak for 30 minutes, if time allows. Alternatively, refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minute prior to cooking. *Refrigerate the reserved untouched marinade to use later*
- Heat about one teaspoon of oil in a grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and grill steak on each side until desired doneness (about 4 minutes each side for medium-rare, depending on thickness). Set aside and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Wipe pan or grill plates over with paper towel; drizzle (or brush) with another teaspoon of oil and fry peppers and onion strips. Add half of the reserved marinade, salt and pepper; continue cooking until done.
- To serve steak, slice against the grain into thin strips. Serve with extra cilantro leaves, sour cream, sliced avocado (or your desired fillings), and drizzle over the remaining reserved untouched marinade.