- Rough chop an onion and set aside.
- Coat the roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat up butter in a frying pan and sear the roast on all sides, 1 to 1:30 minutes on each side.
- Place meat in the crockpot.
- Fry onions and pour over meat.
- Mix mustard, garlic, worcestershire, vinegar, Splenda and liquid smoke.
- Pour sauce over the meat.
- Cook in the crockpot on low, 1 to 1 hour 15 minutes per lb of roast.
- Remove meat from crockpot, separate into dinner sized portions.
- Move liquid to a pan and reduce by half. Serve with the meat.