- Smallish spaghetti squashes are easier to cut for this recipe. Use caution when cutting the squash.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Slice the ends off the squash and discard. Then, cut about 1½ inch wide rounds of the squash (I make 4 cuts in a small squash) and set on a baking dish lined with unbleached parchment paper, for easy cleanup.
- Use a spoon to scrape out the seeds.
- Sprinkle with olive oil.
- Bake until the strands are tender but not mushy, about 50-60 minutes. If you prefer your spaghetti squash more firm, reduce baking time to about 40 minutes. Use a fork to pull the strands into the center of each round. This creates long strands of spaghetti.